To address the need for community engagement and education during COVID-19 we’re partnering with industry leaders from across the state to bring timely, useful, and inspirational webinars to the creative film and media community.
Business owners and professionals representing all roles within the industry – such as screenwriters, documentarians, producers, casting directors, and actors – run ninety-minute live-streaming panels that are free and accessible to the public. Virtual attendees can ask questions during the live sessions and benefit from the expertise of our panelists.
- Friday, April 3rd, 12-1:30pm: “The Wild West of TV Writing and Producing” with Brian Bird and Sibyl Gardner
- The era of shooting 24-episode seasons for network shows is over. In this new, ever-changing period of streaming and independent production, what’s a screenwriter to do? Answer: Be a great storyteller. Sibyl (ABC’s “Nashville,” “Saving Grace”) and Brian (“Touched by and Angel,” “When Calls the Heart”) bring their decades of expertise to this conversation to address the current state of the business, how to transition your writing career to the new landscape, and of course – the ancient magic of storytelling.
- REGISTER HERE
- Tuesday, April 14th, 1-2:30pm: “Prepping for Auditions: Live & Self-Tape” with Sylvia Gregory, Cassie Keefe, and Sheila Traister
Hear the perspectives of a casting director, actor/acting coach and agent on how actors can make the best use of their time to feel confident and be successful at auditions.
- REGISTER HERE
- “SBA Programs for Creatives” – Monday, April 6, time TBD
- “Creating the Documentary” – Week of April 6, time & date TBD
- “Introduction to Motion Capture” – Week of April 6, time & date TBD
- “Marketing Your Production” – Week of April 13, time & date TBD
- “Screenwriting 101” – Week of April 13, time & date TBD
- “Remote Production & Workflow” with Janicek Entertainment (4/1/2020)
- The current health situation has caused paradigm shifts throughout the film, television, and media landscape – but that doesn’t mean that your projects have to stop indefinitely! Learn how to pivot your productions and workflows using remote methods from Jim Janicek, Jared Picune, and Julie Dorough of Janicek Entertainment as they continue delivery of their weekly Xfinity Latino Entertainment program through and operation of the 24/7 linear broadcast channel during this crisis.
- Watch here